Monday, August 13, 2007

My Car



Well I sold my car, but I can't say that I am sad to part with it. It wasn't that great of a friend. Yes, it got me to the places I wanted to go and it never left me stranded (well one time I got a flat tire on my way home from Indy, but technically that was the tire not the car and I wasn't stranded for long. and the spare was actually a full tire not just one of those sissy spares.) But I digress...My real sadness is that my car didn't get to wear the "In God We Trust" license plate but for a few days. My licenses plates were due for renewal on July 31st, and I didn't sell the car until August 4th. So for 3 1/2 days my car got to wear the plate that I have been waiting for since January. I know that you are probably thinking why didn't you just get the plates in January when they came out. To be honest, I didn't have the time to wait at the license branch and didn't want to pay for the plates until it was time. Well now I have to go back to the license branch to get some of my money back. And of course do I get all of it back. Heck no!!! It cost me $30 so that my car could be registered for those 3 1/2 days. (thank goodness that's not the going rate for the year. can you imagine at that rate it would be over $3,000 for your plates.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are really going to miss you katie.