Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Normal

Many years ago, my mom, a friend and I were talking and my mom said that she has never been accused of being Normal. My friend, Andy, replied "what is normal?" my mom thought that was a great response. What is normal? Just because something is regular for you, doesn't mean that it's regular for someone else.

Case in point, I have been living in HK now for 9 months, and everyday something hits me as not being normal...but normal for HK. My friend Ann has come to stay with me for a few weeks and at dinner tonight we were talking about life in HK and what we missed from home. Sometimes it's hard to pinpoint the exact thing that you miss, you just know that something isn't right. Then Ann said exactly what I was thinking: "I miss normal, nothing here is normal."

No comments: