Thursday, May 03, 2007

My crazy Mom

I'll try to condense this story without losing the funniness of the situation. So here's my attempt.

About 10 years ago, my mom had a client named Brooks (female). Now present day, one of my mom's favorite shows is "Designed to Sell." One of the Carpenters on the show is named Brooks (male). Mom made a comment that until the first Brooks she had never heard of that name as a first name and now she "knows" two Brooks.

Well today the phone rang and on caller ID it said "Brooks" was the first name. My mom answered the phone and when she got off she said, that it was a person calling to tell her that she had left messages on their machine but had the wrong number. But the funny thing was that this person was the cousin of the person she was trying to reach, so he gave her the correct number. I told her she now "knows" 3 Brooks. Well as you can imagine, that confused her so I had to remind her about her dead client, the carpenter and now this one who just called. Apparently she hadn't looked at Caller ID before answering. So when she did, she laughed. Well if you know my mom and her craziness, you know that when she laughs it gets her off track. So with the cordless phone that she had answered in her hand, she picked up the other cordless phone and started to dial the correct number. I asked her what she was doing with two phones. When she realized what was happening, she just lost it. She laughed so hard that she had to wait over 10 minutes to be able to make the phone call.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely hilarious!! LOL~~~You better give your momma a break on Sunday, OK?? Cindi :)

Anonymous said...

Your mom cracks me up!! I love it!