Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ugly Christmas

So when I think of Christmas, I usually think of Red and Green, silver and Gold. Sometimes white, maybe some burgandy, mauve, pink, or blue. But have you ever thought of purple. Not the color of purple that royalty wears, but rather a bright purple that is almost leaning too much towards florescent purple. Yes, I said Florescent. Well one of the largest malls in HK decided that that is the color they were going to use to decorate this year. It could be ok, but here's the thing, it's not the ornaments that are this purple but rather it is the tree itself. I'm sure you are having to re-read this over and over because you think how could this be, how could a nice shopping mall actually decorate with Purple trees. I have been asking myself the same thing and the only thing I could think of was that someone was smoking something really bad when they did their ordering of decorations this year. Are you ready for the pictures? Here they are:

I took this picture from the 7th floor looking down on the tree. The theme seems to be a musical theme. The tree is actually sitting on a drum which is about 10 feet tall and then hanging from the tree and leaning at the base of the tree are other musical instruments. I think the total height of the tree is about 4 stories.


The treble clef really adds that special something.

Along with the big tree in the middle of the mall they also have small 6ft trees scattered about the mall. Nikelle couldn't resist playing the little violins.

Luckily one of the other malls in town decided to actually do a nice classy christmas. Here's a pic of their beautiful tree.

No comments: