Wednesday, December 27, 2006

TOO MUCH FOOD

The week before christmas, my Bible Study group got together at the Acropolis for lunch. The night before, my friend Kyle said that I should try the "name your own price" meal. So I asked about it. Oh, my gosh, talk about alot of food. Here's the description from their menu:

"Name your own price and enjoy an combination of dishes consisting of cold and hot appetizers, salad, assorted entrees and dessert. Remember to take your time to finish this and let us tell you that it is ok with the chef if you do not finish it. He knows that towards the end you will be begging for no more food.(minimum 2 people)"

Well let me tell you, we were begging for NO MORE food. Actually, one course that was brought out was immediately taken away and boxed-to-go.

Our Meal:
Platter of pita bread & various sauces including: Hummus; Melitzanosalata – blended eggplant with humus, tahini and olive oil; & Tzatziki – homemade creamy greek yogurt/cucumber dip with garlic and virgin olive oil

Dolmades – grapevine leaves stuffed with lean spiced ground beef, rice, & herbs

Greek Salad

Stifado – beef cubes cooked with onions red wine and red wine vinegar, served with rice pilaf

Gyros Platter – seasoned blended beef and lamb served w/tzatziki sauce & pita bread

Baklava

If you live in Evansville, then you really need to give the Acropolis a try

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

What was the price???

katie said...

The price I paid was the cheapest available. $15. so plus tip and tax, I paid $20.