Monday, November 03, 2008

You know I'm a sucker for these things

Ok here's a new one...You know what to do...

Drinking...Water
Frustrated...that it is still stinking hot
Worried...about the US elections
Excited...That I have friends to spend Christmas with
Reading..."The Shack"
Wondering...if I will meet "the one"
Impressed...with people's generosity even in a bad economy
Missing...Family
Teaching...Individual presentations
Learning...How to really rely on God
Listening...to God
Laughing...with my friends
Sleeping...not enough

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How was "The Shack?" My mother-in-law read it and thought it was wonderful, so I've been contemplating adding it to my list :)

katie said...

So "The Shack"...I haven't finished it. I don't really feel compelled to do so either. I rarely ever don't finish a book. It's not that it's bad, it's just not great. I don't find anything theologically wrong, if you don't count the fact that God the Father is a big Black woman and the Holy Spirit is a little Asian woman. I was talking to a friend over the holiday and she said that she is reading it and I told her I would finish it so that we could discuss it. (I have heard that you need to read the end) My bigger concern about the book, is the hype it's getting and people using it to get closer to God. Hello, what's the Bible for?