Tuesday, October 23, 2007

That's great. Over.

Have you ever watched the news when they have a correspondent that is overseas and there is a big delay for them to get the anchor's questions? You are watching the correspondent nodding away, but the anchor has stopped talking for some time and then they finally start to answer the question. Well, that is kind of like talking to me on the phone. Apparently there is a huge delay for what I say to get to America. My mom and I talk frequently and sometimes the delay is minimal and other times it is unbelievable. The other day the delay was so bad that we kept talking over each other and the conversation was very hard to maintain. So we decided that the best way to work this would be for us to say what we had to say and then say "Over." Oh my gosh, it was so funny. We laughed so hard. The conversation went something like this.

Margie: How was your day? over.
Katie: not too bad, I taught a few classes today. over.
Margie: how were the students? over.
Katie: overall, not to bad. over. oh, I want to say something else. over. I mean not over yet. the students don't want to talk when I ask them a question but do when I don't want them to talk. over.
Margie: wait you can't say over and then start talking again. over.
Katie: ok. over.

And of course through this entire conversation we were laughing so hard. Needless to say the conversation didn't last too long.

No comments: