Monday, November 05, 2007

Interesting Train Ride

Every day I ride the train to and from work. It's nice early in the morning when there is hardly anyone on the train so I am always guaranteed a seat, but not so in the afternoons on the way home. Well the other morning, I saw a very funny situation. I got on the train, car #11 and sat down on my bench. On the bench across from me sat a guy about early to mid twenties. Each bench holds 4 people and he was sitting near the other end from me, but not right at the end (kind of in between seat one and two) I quickly realized that he was talking to his two imaginary friends. He had one sitting on either side of him. This wasn't just a person talking to themselves, this was him full-on having conversations. He would turn and look at the person and then turn and look at the other person. This went on until the next station, so about 3 minutes. Then at the next station I guess his invisible friend on the right side got off, because this guy moved completely into the first seat on the bench. Also at this stop an older gentleman got on and sat on the same bench but the other end. The guy continued to talk to the one friend and he also got a book out of his bookbag. In doing so, he dropped a paper on the floor, so the older gentleman tapped him and pointed out the paper. The young guy bent down and picked it up, and then proceeded to give the old man the finger. Well at least that is whom I thought he was giving the finger to until he then gave his imaginary friend an hard fast elbow in the stomach. I guess the paper on the floor was really the fault of the invisible friend.

But really folks, you know sometimes invisible friends make mistakes, but do they deserve to be elbowed in the stomach and given the finger? I think not! Treat all of your friends with respect, invisible or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one you need to put on with your voice so we can hear you say it. It was funnier that way. Still funny, however. I liked your comment on treating friends with respect.