Sunday, November 18, 2007

UGH and YEAH and UGH all on the same day

So this morning, I'm walking to meet my friend Liz at the train to go to church. I'm late and I'm trying to walk as fast as my little feet will carry me. Well, Hong Kong is known for tearing up their sidewalks and not making them smooth when they repave. My sandal caught on the uneven pavement and I went down hard. Luckily, I had on a skirt, otherwise I would have ripped a hole in a nice pair of pants. Unluckily, I had on a skirt and my knees had to suffer. One knee really bad and the other leg is scraped down the whole side. I must have looked very funny. I called Liz on her cell phone and she met me at the steps of the train with band-aids from 7-11. Because of this we ended up being 25 minutes late for church. The singing is always my favorite part of the service and we missed it all.

After the service we met up with Harmony and Maria and headed for Subway Restaurant. I had no idea there was a Subway here in Hong Kong. Oh, my gosh I think this was the best sandwich I have had in forever. I got a turkey with cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, black olives, green peppers and oil/vinegar. Oh so good. and then sour cream and onion chips. Thank God for Subway. I will be eating there frequently. I really should have gotten a foot long and brought the second half for my lunch tomorrow. Next week!!

So after an eventful start to my day, I got home, took my shoes off and put my feet up. That's when I realized my shoe looked funny. Yes, you guessed it. Another pair of shoes is going into the trash. The fall in the morning made them rip at the thong part. Basically they are being held together by two threads. The sad thing is that these are my really nice Chico's sandals. But I guess 2 and a half years is good use out of them.

No comments: